World Famous Horseshoe Curve – Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA | Virtual Railfan LIVE
This is a live stream of the famous Horseshoe Curve in Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains. Actual start date: 6/20/17
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
Why was the chat Members Only for a few days? Well, for a few reasons, mostly to help us research what our YouTube presence will look like moving forward:
1. Are our viewership numbers affected by this change?
2. As we continue to add locations to YouTube, is Members Only chat a way to offer some of our locations without the additional stress of increased moderation? Let’s face it, trolls aren’t going to pay to troll!
3. Is $3.99/month a reasonable price point for folks who value their participation in Live Chat? It’s the cost of a Big Mac, so we think yes, but we welcome your thoughts!
All of our revenue goes back into providing more locations and keeping the network up and running.
Visit the Railroader’s Memorial Museum, with the main campus located in Altoona, and the RMM also operates this public area here at the Curve: http://www.railroadcity.com/
Altoona Area: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/18962
Pittsburgh Line: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/30792
Cresson/West Slope: http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/132/179/
NS Pittsburgh Line Timetable/MAP: https://bit.ly/2OgTXZS
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames or avatar.
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
• Blocking a moderator (including Nightbot)
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Horseshoe Curve is the three-track (formerly four-track) railroad curve on the Norfolk Southern Railway’s (NS) Pittsburgh Line, the former Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) mainline, between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Approximately 50 freight trains travel the Curve each day.
The 360 camera can pan the entire curve, when an operator is available. An automatic script may be enabled at other times.
Amtrak’s “Pennsylvanian” passenger train (between New York City and Pittsburgh via Philadelphia) passes this camera twice daily, once per direction.
There is an ATCS layout available, with server (data) coverage to the east of the Curve down in Altoona itself.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 81 cams at 50 locations in 25 states and 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Links to the Free VRF YouTube Cams.
Links for Virtual Railfan Members – Full Cam List:
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.